Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday Wings Day

It's the middle of the work week, and what does this mean?? Wings at Hooters for lunch. I went with some co-workers today for the Wednesday wing platter special - $5.99 for a plate of boneless chicken wings with french fries - and just fell compelled to blog about it. Now Hooters by no means is known for their food, but the thrifty side of me can't resist a good deal, lunch for under $10 is amazing in my book!
So I ordered the wing platter in the samurai sauce and then slatered it in hot sauce. I actually do like the sauce a lot, it's a combo of sweet, tangy and spicy. And the chicken itself are bite size portions of white meat. It's definitely not gourmet, and I'm sure there are many other options within walking distance for a healthier lunch, but for the price that you pay, it's not all that bad. The fried pickles were actually very tasty, just the way it should be made in the south. I'm actually inspired to try some fried pickles at home, so there will definitiely be a future blog post about that. But all in all, it was a cheap lunch that was very filling and great company!

2 comments:

  1. You actually made this sound like a reasonable option. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came for the wings, but I stayed for the breast and thighs.

    ReplyDelete