Thursday, March 24, 2011

KitchenAid Stand Mixer review

I think the driving factor for my recent affair with baking is because I have a totally awesome mixer. The KitchenAid brand has been synonymous with professional quality and durability, so the thought of owning one really made me happy! I got the Ultra Power model, and not only is the one sitting in my kitchen easy on the eyes -- with a gorgeous gray color -- but it works like a charm.
Here are just a few feature highlights:
- 300 watts of power and 10 speeds
- metal attachments and a hub that accepts a wide variety of attachments
- 4.5 qt bowl
- makes cooking and baking super simple

The bowl itself is hand wash only, but it cleans easily. And it comes with three attachments: a balloon whisk, flat beater and dough hook. The price can be a bit of a sticker shock, but I feel that it's worth it's weight in gold and I am thrilled to finally own one! And with the Ultra Power model, it's perfect for making bread  flour at very low speeds to allow the gluten to form properly and at a higher speed, it whips up egg whites for the perfect meringue consistancy! The only caution I have is to be aware of the power of this mixer and  make sure to turn down the speed to low as you're adding ingredients.

I can honestly say that this mixer has me craving to make things just so that I can use it. It's super simple to operate and really easy to clean. And if you're like me and tend to get flour and sugar everywhere, just wipe down the mixer with a damp towel, soak the bowl in hot water for a few minutes and ta da, it's clean! I'm actually really excited to get the meat grinder attachment and ice cream making bowl. If I were to ever fall in love with an appliance, my KitchenAid has to be it!

1 comment:

  1. I like the matte finish, unfortunately they didn't have that when I bought mine

    ReplyDelete